Saturday, November 24, 2012

Noncustodial Parent Changed His Name to Avoid Paying Child Support, But Continued Getting Arrested!

Custodial Parent is Granted Enforcement Order to Seize and Liquidate the Noncustodial Parent's Assets, and Additional Enforcement Actions Are Forthcoming.

Kyle P. Bolger Changed His Name to Zac Bolger and Continued Getting Arrested!
On September 28, 2012, the Middlesex County Superior Court issued a Child Support Enforcement Order against Kyle P. Bolger in the amount of $52,581.15 with all fees and arrears, for the nonpayment of child support for more than 20 years.  The Enforcement Order enabled Ms. Bolger to have her child's father's assets seized and liquidated to pay her arrears.  Ms. Bolger contacted Project Child Support in May of 2012 to locate Mr. Bolger, and to collect her arrears to help pay her son's college tuition.  The Custodial Support Foundation and Bounty Alert launched an investigation, which located Kyle Bolger, and uncovered that he changed his name to "Zac Bolger" to avoid paying child support.  The investigation uncovered Mr. Bolger's problems with the law in the State of New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Texas in the names of Kyle Bolger and Zac Bolger.

When the Motion was filed to obtain the Enforcement Order, Mr. Bolger owed $41,501.05 in child support arrears.  His child support order was issued in 1992, and only required that he pay $52.00 per week in child support.  To avoid paying anything, he fled the State of New Jersey and never looked back.  Coincidently, the Child Support Recovery Act was signed into law the same year he is was issued his child support order.  Under the Child Support Recovery Act of 1992, it is a federal crime to flee a state to prevent paying child support, and owe more than $10,000 in arrears for more than two (2) years.  In addition to his assets being seized and liquidated to pay his arrears, Mr. Bolger may be facing other enforcement actions.  The investigation has also confirmed that Mr. Bolger has not filed taxes since his order was issued to prevent being located, and has no documented income.  

Believing he was in the clear from facing any future child support enforcement actions, because his son is 20 years old, Mr. Bolger also posted his name change on his Facebook profile.  Not only did Kyle Bolger change his name, and create a Facebook profile, he posted "changed my name from kyle bolger" on his profile (See: Red Arrow Below).  Mr. Bolger's new Facebook profile picture shows him wearing shaded glasses, and loving a dog.  It's a shame he loves a dog more than his own son, who is his flesh and blood.  Perhaps he thinks the shades and the name change will enable him to hide his true identity.  Too many noncustodial parents believe they no longer owe their child support arrears once their child reaches the age of 18 year.  Not only do they owe the arrears, but if their child attends college and remains a fulltime student, the child support obligation continues until the child is 23 years old.  A Child Support Enforcement Order is not a dairy product like milk, eggs or cheese.  They do not expire or have a statute of limitation, and they cannot be discharged in bankruptcy.  A custodial parent can also seek enforcement actions years after the Enforcement Order is granted.  

Any custodial parent who is owed child support or spousal support arrears can obtain Enforcement Order, and the collection services of the Custodial Support Foundation's 24-hour call center by calling (855) 851-HELP or (855) 851-4357.

Media Contact Information:

Phone: (201) 800-1911
Alexandria Stremler, Esq.
Legal Advisor
Phone: (201) 838-2375

Project Child Support at (855) 851-HELP or (855) 851-4357
or via e-mail at

No comments:

Post a Comment